Family Law Services in Ottawa You Can Trust
Family is close to our hearts, and problems arising from it could mean a lot of headaches and hassle. In cases of legal disputes or settlements connected to your near and dear ones, it is better to hire a professional lawyer.
If your marriage isn’t working out or you’re interested in adopting a child, you need the help of a family lawyer in Ottawa. Family law is often close to the heart when dealing with family matters and domestic relations such as adoption and marriage. You want to reach a resolution that will benefit yourself, your children and your spouse so that you can maintain a healthy co-parenting relationship.
Julie I. Guindon, Barrister and Solicitor, Mediator and Arbitrator, can assist you with any type of family law requirements in Ottawa. With the help of our family lawyer, you will be able to achieve financial security, retain great relationships with your children and partner, and decrease the impact of the transition on your children. Get in touch with our team today to discuss your separation or divorce law matters.
Family Law in Ottawa
If your life isn’t playing out the way you thought, Julie I. Guindon can help. We deal with all aspects of family law in Ottawa, including:
- Divorce – to get a divorce, you need necessary grounds, such as marriage breakdown and separation for one year. Consent of both parties is not required as long as these factors are present.
- Separation –before divorcing, many couples go through separation. A separation agreement maps your future in setting parameters for support, custody and property division.
- Child custody – if the parents cannot agree on parenting issues, the courts will decide what happens based on the child’s “best interests.” Legal custody refers to who has the authority to make major decisions about the child’s upbringing, while physical custody is often referred to as residence.
- Child support –It is the child’s right, determined by a table amount based on the number of children, parenting schedule, and primary residence.
- Spousal support – is based on the means of the spouse who is paying and the needs of the spouse receiving the payments. It is awarded based on income differences, how long you lived together as a couple and whether one spouse missed career opportunities to benefit the other spouse.
- Property division – family legislation presumes that married spouses equally contribute to property acquired during the marriage. To ensure you get what you are owed, you have to apply for an equalization of respective net family properties.
Reasons to Hire a Family Law Services
All family law matters are complicated. Julie I. Guindon, a family lawyer, has experience guiding clients in a variety of family law matters in Ottawa. She understands family dynamics and brings up efficient legal tactics.
The reasons you can consider us for your family lawyer include:
Our family lawyer will fight for your rights and make sure they are upheld.
Our family lawyer can help you reach an acceptable solution through mediation.
Our family lawyer can represent you in Court, if necessary.
Our family lawyer will take care of the documentation, procedures and other administrative details.
Our family lawyer can provide you with expert legal advice as well as objective support.
Our family lawyer can expedite legal processes.
Our family lawyer can assist you in preventing future issues.
If you'd like to learn more about parent coordination, mediation or how our family lawyer in Ottawa can help you, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Why Choose Us?
We help you remain stress-free in your tough times.
Here are the reasons you should choose our services:
- Trust: We have your best interests in mind. Our lawyers will defend your rights and ensure that they are respected. We pay attention to what matters to each client and discuss your situation, worries and legal objectives.
- Commitment: We believe that open and frequent communication is critical to understanding and meeting your needs. Julie I. Guindon will involve you, the client, at every stage to ensure that the legal process is transparent and that we meet your expectations.
- Excellent customer service: At Julie I. Guindon, we are dedicated to customer service and family law services.
Get In Touch
Whether you’re seeking a divorce, child custody or adoption, our family lawyer can help you find the correct resolution to your problem. We also offer parenting coordination, mediation, and binding arbitration. Julie I. Guindon will help you understand your legal situation and protect your rights, so call us today.